View Profile squidly

129 Movie Reviews

This is incredible. Reminds me of a classic from the mid 2000s DS era, and that's a specific sorta vibe that I'm really loving here.

I'm addicted to the little sound the car makes when it gets confused

Simple. Short. Well animated. Perfectly executed comedy.

319 Game Reviews

lmao cheese

Congrats on making your first game! Overall solid first attempt.

For improvements I'd recommend a little more visual clarity, and a bit more "punch" to the hits of the bullet. Easing into the difficulty more would go a long way as well, constantly having them come from all 4 sides is frustrating and it really just throws you into the most difficult scenario right off the bat. Good work and I hope to see more of you and your friend's work in your future game endeavors!

Man this must've been one technically challenging game to whip up in a month. I respect that. This is also the first game I've seen in HaxeFlixel to use mode 7 so there's also that.

That being said, this game could've gone for a smaller scope and higher polish, which I feel is really the key to a game jam. If I were to be nitpicky, I'd say there's no real way to see how many items (like Tacos) I actually have, or if there is, it's hard to notice. I also think having different controls for the menu and the regular gameplay is just clunky.

Overall I respect the amount of effort this game took, I just think it could've shot smaller and done better as a result.

43 Audio Reviews

hauntingly beautiful

First time listening to this podcast, it's a very insightful discussion, and once you get those tiny production quirks knocked out I think this'll be really incredible :D

Heard this on NG Radio at 5:23 AM, good job man.

21 Art Reviews

how

Leave it to Luis to do the absolute hardest animation possible and work on it endlessly until it's done.

Kinda rare you see sculpted art around here and I love it. Extremely good work, textures look pleasant, smooth where they gotta be and detailed too, and the painting is top notch.

>:(