View Profile squidly

All 295 Game Reviews

108 w/ Responses

If this game gets front paged...

Then it'll deserve it 100%, this game is challenging, and it's pretty damn realistic about how gun combat REALLY works, additionally, the graphics are pretty good.

However, for one reason or another, Pop's is probably the worst drawn character in the game, which is a shame because people won't look at the game that well if the title character looks... awkward.

However, there's a very nice amount of innovation, especially the shaky gunning when you're running, however, controls are somewhat unresponsive when you're trying to stop running.

A blast to play!

Just some chat and proper name identification really would help :D

And uh, some moderating tools wouldn't hurt either.

Artsy, but Glitchy

The fact that I could jump BEHIND the tank, and only died because I felt like it, says something about the difficulty/stability of this game.

Speed up the tank, make it hurt you on collision, and make the missiles faster.

Also, a highscore board would help, but only after you fix the above, or else we'd have some pretty wild scores.

And exactly what does the mushrooms and whatnot do anyways?

Hard to look at

If you use maple sprites, put them in good quality, not pasted together badly.
Or don't use them at all.

But the game alone was good.

Clever and For a Good Cause

I'm actually surprised about how much originality came into the making of this, it's well aprecciated.

And also, about the good cause, that just adds to the good of what you're doing.

This a good game for a good cause, a good matchup.

It's still bad.

How about you put something together that doesn't make my eyes bleed?

A white background and bad quality jpg spam?
Seriously?

It's a step up, but not enough of one.

Glitchy, but a good start.

I get this is a demo, and you didn't do too much glitch checking, well, that's what this review is for:

For one reason or another, when a person died, he his corpse was completely disproportionate to his original size.

If somebody was doing a death animation (I think) and I died before the animation's over, I start getting bombarded with free points that come infinetly.

Anyways, aside from that, it's a bit slow, but that maybe just me.

Also, nice set of weapons, and nice art style, and best of all, you had a golden gun in there, which just makes you awesome by default.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Congratulations, You've Beated The Game

Not half bad, but I mean, this feels more like a demo then an actual game, to be honest.

The attacks looked cool, though.

And uh, you've beatED the game?
You've beat the game.

And uh, wtf is a Hyper Knuckles or Super Shadow anyways?
Hell, they never appeared in any sonic game I played.

Oh, and you could use some serious polish, the menu looks like it was cobbled together in 5 seconds then mutilated by homicidal rainbows.

razorthehedgehog responds:

fixed
And uh, you've beatED the game?
You've beat the game.
fixed
And uh, wtf is a Hyper Knuckles or Super Shadow anyways?
Hell, they never appeared in any sonic game I played.
you never have played Sonic 3 and knuckles or sonic adventure 2? it's not my blame
well , sorry for this ...

I see front pages...

And awards...
HWAAH

That was an insane future trip right there.

Anyways, this game's a bit disorienting, just for the fact that you didn't line up the curser with the mouse, it throws me off...

Anyways, yeah, scurry my future trip dialogue for clues on what I think is your future.

korded responds:

Hah, thanks, hope so - I'll see if I can change up the cursor thing a bit without it interfering with things.

You might want to switch up controls.

Maybe make it so that instead of everything is drag controlled, make the cannon aim with the mouse, and the house be controlled with the arrow keys/WASD.

But good game overall.
You might want to speed up the amount of time it takes for more then one plane to start appearing, and a money system instead of a definate upgrade, but then again, that's your call, and with some tweaking, the definate upgrade system isn't a bad idea.

Zimwik responds:

I thought it would make it more challenging to drag both the house and cannon, but I see why you thought the other system is good too. Thanks for the review!

>:(